Kevin Mandi and Avery

Welcome to our blog! Finally an update!
So I can't figure out how to shrink these pictures!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BLAH!

So anyone that has been around me in the past year or two know that I haven't been feeling my best...Stress, lack of sleep, who knows? Usually that stuff goes away right?
I got to see Dr. Rauh (the best Dr. ever!) about 3 weeks ago and he decided we should probably figure out what in the world is going on. Why do I feel like I am 90 years old?! Not that there is anything wrong with being 90. I just don't want to feel like it when I'm 30! So, I kindly donated 8 viles of my precious blood to the lab guy (the one I don't like!) Now I really don't like him! After waiting 3 weeks to get my results (seems to be the normal time it takes to get test results around here!) I found out that I have Lupus (for information go to lupus.org) Considering the things he tested me for, I feel fairly lucky. It still sucks and it's not going to be a picnic but if I can get it under control now, then we might be able to have another baby someday. Lupus makes pregnancy and delivery very difficult (explains why Avery came out 5 weeks early weighing 4lbs 12 Oz's!) The other thing I'm really sad about is that it can be dangerous to receive massage which you all know I LOVE! Brooke kindly offered to receive my massages for me.... thanks...alot...So I am asking for lots of prayer and I just want you all to know I love you very much and thank you for helping me through the past 2 years which have been the hardest years of my life. Hey, now we have an answer right?! It could always be worse!! I'm very thankful right now. I am also scared...... but hopeful too! Lot's of emotions going on! Also please pray that Avery doesn't get this, it can be hereditary.
Love you all,
Mandi

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sorry Mandy! We have a friend with Lupus. You should talk to her cuz I know she has tried tons of different treatments.

Brooke Mapes said...

We will get through this the way we have been able to get through everything else!! I love you so much and I'm so sorry that I'm not there right now! Our prayers are with you! Give little princess a kiss for us!
Love Your Guts!!
xoxo

Jodi said...

I was sad to hear the bad news;glad that you have made sense of some of those things! You are stronger than you think, Mandi!I know you will walk through this and come out on the other side! Your awesome family is going to be there for you and don't forget your friends! Please remember that I'm here whenever, whatever you need! Call me! Love ya!